Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Honor.

Last night I enjoyed a quiet evening at home with all my Walker men.  We rented a movie and I was captivated by the way ancient history honored their Kings that ruled with dignity and fairness for their people (kingdoms). 

Men would die by sword protecting the linage to the throne.  They help the position with great esteem and would bow and worship in the Kings presence.  If they were asked to serve the King, they were willing to lay down their life for him.  They never questioned obedience to the throne and respected every decision. 

As I lay in bed after the movie I began thinking about the ways that I should honor my King.

- Believe
- Worship
- Obedience
- Serve
- Respect

Honoring our God is not something I do when I have time, or worship when it's convenient.  It's not a choice.  It's a lifetime agreement to serve, protect and value my God.  It's a daily choice to lay down my desires.  History has shown if our kings are dethroned and other wicked kings are allowed to take their place, we set the stage for destruction in our kingdom!

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and will all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.
                                                                                - Mark 12:30


Tammy Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!