Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Woven Favorites: Kielbasa & Potato dinner

Let me just be honest here. 

My friend Tracey Moore not only submitted this recipe to the Woven cookbook, but she kept telling me what a delicious, quick and easy meal this was.  I, however, was highly doubtful. 

I think it's because my mom used to make us that awful cheddar wurst stuff when I was in high school.  It was her go to meal with a warmed up vegetable and a side of noodles.  Oh how I hated that meal. 

My problem was that I was getting a surplus of kielbasa.  Not that I was buying it, but it came in my HIS food box.  I finally decided to bite the bullet and make Tracey's recipe. 

Warning:  It is not a pretty dish, but it is soo good!


Here's what you need:

1 pound kielbasa, sliced into bite size pieces
2-3 sliced red or green peppers
1 onion diced or sliced
3 cups potatoes, sliced
1 stick of butter
Salt & Pepper to taste.

In a large skillet, melt butter.  Add other ingredients and cook until potatoes are tender.

Done!

I served mine with homemade applesauce.  Everyone cleaned their plate. 

I love that this meal comes together in a snap.  I used potatoes I had canned as well as sliced peppers from the freezer.  It's basically fried potatoes with added goodness.

Now don't let my picture scare you off!  Go make this.

Thanks Tracey for the recipe....and I'm sorry I doubted you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!