Thursday, March 29, 2012

Woven Favorites: RJ's "Chick" Dip.

What's the deal with this name?  Chick dip?  What's that even about? 
Is it for chicks?  Is it what RJ used to get his chick, Jen?  I just don't get it.

Despite the weird name, it's a great dip. 

Here's what you need:

2 cans shoe peg corn
2 cans black beans
8 ounces crumbled Feta cheese
8-10 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar

Mix corn and beans in a colander, rinse and drain well.  Then mix with the rest of the ingredients.  Serve with scooped tortilla chips.

I actually made a few adjustments.  I used leftover black beans that I had cooked earlier in the week and added a quart of corn that I had canned last summer.  I didn't see any reason to head to the store when I could use what I had on hand.  I also substituted 1/2 cup of stevia for the sugar.   That's just our family's preference. 

Very easy, very good dip. 

Thanks to RJ Soltys for sharing with us "chicks".


  1. This looks like it could be a favorite, just by the ingredients I'm already in love.

    1. It was really good. I'll make it again.


We love hearing from you!