Thursday, March 29, 2012

Woven Favorites: RJ's "Chick" Dip.


What's the deal with this name?  Chick dip?  What's that even about? 
Is it for chicks?  Is it what RJ used to get his chick, Jen?  I just don't get it.

Despite the weird name, it's a great dip. 

Here's what you need:

2 cans shoe peg corn
2 cans black beans
8 ounces crumbled Feta cheese
8-10 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar

Mix corn and beans in a colander, rinse and drain well.  Then mix with the rest of the ingredients.  Serve with scooped tortilla chips.

I actually made a few adjustments.  I used leftover black beans that I had cooked earlier in the week and added a quart of corn that I had canned last summer.  I didn't see any reason to head to the store when I could use what I had on hand.  I also substituted 1/2 cup of stevia for the sugar.   That's just our family's preference. 

Very easy, very good dip. 

Thanks to RJ Soltys for sharing with us "chicks".

2 comments:

  1. This looks like it could be a favorite, just by the ingredients I'm already in love.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!