Saturday, April 14, 2012

Woven Favorites: Jalapeno Lime Chicken

Jessica Lueken submitted this recipe to the cookbook and just let me say, Yum-O!
I wasn't sure how this would go over for dinner because of the jalapenos and little guys, but it turned out really good.  Not too spicy, just a great flavor.  I also substutited honey for the sugar.  I mean, we do keep bees.  It seemed like a natural substute.


Here's what you need:

2 tsp. grated lime peel
1/2 cup lime juice
1/4 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh Cilantro
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 small jalapeno chili seeded and chopped or 2 tsp. diced jalapenos.
1 clove garlic, finely chopped.
4 boneless skinless chicken breast

In a shallow glass or baking dish, make the marinade by adding all ingredients except for the chicken.  Between sheets of plastic wrap, flatten each breast to 1/4 inch thickness.  Add chicken to marinade, turning to coat.  Cover dish and refrigerate at least 30 minutes but no longer than 24 hours.  Grill on coals, gas or electric grill.  It will usually take 15-20 minutes on coal or gas, or 7-10 minutes on electric.  Grill until no longer pink in thickest cut.

I doubled this for our dinner and then kept the leftovers for lunch.  I used it in quesadillas and to top our salads. 

No doubt I'll be making this again.



I was tempted to make Jessica take a picture of her dish - if you don't know her, she's a fantastic photographer.  Check out her pics here.  Amazing!

Thanks Jessica!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!