Saturday, August 22, 2015

Positive Adoption Starting September 9th.




If you are thinking about adopting, this class is for you.

If you are fostering children, this class is for you.

If you have adopted children, this class is for you.

If you work with special needs children, this is for you.

If you have a special needs or a foster/adopted child and need some support and encouragement, this class is for you!

Positive Adoption meets on Wednesday evenings from 7pm-8:30 at Trinity Assembly of God. We are discussing The Connected Child and supplemental videos covering Trust Based Relational Intervention.

It is family based intervention that is designed for children who have experienced relationship based traumas.

This material is great for foster/adoptive parents, those seeking to adopt, teachers and professionals who work with children on a daily basis




Hi, I’m Kathleen.
I wish we could sit out on my back deck and have a cup of coffee. I’d tell you my story and you could tell me yours. I do not do well with surface chit chat, so I’d get down to the deep stuff right away. I’d tell you about my heart for orphans.
Almost thirty years ago, I married my soul mate, Jerry.
God planted a dream to one day adopt in both of our hearts. Fourteen years and three biological children later, the adoption dream sprouted into reality.
We traveled to Poland to adopt a sibling group. After spending five weeks in Poland, four of them living in the orphanage, we flew back to the United States. After a second trip the four new Guires came home.  We were suddenly a large family.
My feet hit the ground running every morning trying to keep up with everything and everyone.  I amassed a library full of material on hurt children, attachment issues, fetal alcohol syndrome, family and adoption. The children grew and so did I. See that posed photo at the top of the page?  Looks like we have it all together, doesn’t it?  What it really says is, by the grace of God, I lived it. I learned.  I am right there with you.  Adoption is a struggle.  Building a family is backbreaking, brick upon brick work. I love what Nehemiah says- 14 I looked [them over] and rose up and said to the nobles and officials and the other people, Do not be afraid of the enemy; [earnestly] remember the Lord and imprint Him [on your minds], great and terrible, and [take from Him courage to] fight for your brethren, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes. Nehemiah 4:15  It’s a good work. A positive work. Let’s work on it together. Let’s grow our family tree. 
 
Kathleen blogs at Positive Adoption and is the author of the book Positive Adoption: A Memoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!