Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Sylvia's Peanut Butter Cake

My family has big love for all things peanut butter.  And of all the peanut butter things we love, Silvia Simons cake is at the top of the list.  I assure you, if I'm helping set up a dinner at the church and that cake is there - it's going out one piece short. 

Here's the recipe:



Peanut Butter Cake



½ c. butter

½ c. peanut butter

½ c. oil

1 c. water

Bring to a slight boil the above ingredients in a saucepan. Remove from heat and add:

2 c. flour

2 c. sugar

1 t. baking soda

½ c. milk

1 t. vanilla

2 eggs

Beat well. Pour into cake pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool.

Icing:

Bring to a slight boil:

½ c. butter

½ c. peanut butter

1/3 c. milk

Remove from heat let cool slightly. Add confectioner’s sugar until desired consistency. (Sometimes I double the batch of this if I want extra icing, mostly I do...eat a little, ice a little, eat a little, ice a little...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!