Friday, November 1, 2013

Scripture Memory Team: November 2013.

Can you believe we're almost at the end of the year with our memory verse challenge? 

I don't know about you, but I have loved doing this. 

I think I'm going to continue this next year and just keep adding to my little box of note cards. 

This month's verse for me is Deuteronomy 10:21 -

"He is your praise, and He is your God, who has done for you these great and awesome things, which your eyes have seen."

And while I love the words of this verse, I really love the context.  You see, this is after the children of Israel have left Egypt.  If you look up to verse 20, they're being instructed that they are going to serve and cling to the Lord because He is their God.  

How often do we come up against obstacles in our lives and start to fret? 

I do it.  I do it a lot.

Yet when I look back, I can see all these great and awesome things that the Lord has done for me.

Did you hear that? 

Me. 

Just some little ol' gal in West Virginia. 

Not because of me or anything I can do. 

But just because I'm His. 

So the next time I'm facing a difficult situation - and there will be a next time - instead of worrying, I'm going to remember the great and awesome things that the Lord has brought me through. 

And know that He will do it again. 



1 comment:

  1. I'm with you Charli on this one. Appreciate the thoughts you wrote in this post.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!