Thursday, September 5, 2013

Scripture Memory Team for September.....and a big ol' bucket of grace.

Last night in class, we were talking about how we struggle with being tired. So very tired. Anyone else with me on that one? Of course you are! I’m sure I’m not the only one with an overwhelming to do list. 

Confession: Sometimes I write drink coffee on my to do list so I have at least one thing crossed off by the end of the day.

We focus so hard on what we think we should be..... what we think others expect from us...... looking around at other people who seem to have it all together. .

My verse this time is Psalm 121:1-4

I look up to the mountains - does my help come from here?
My help comes from the Lord who made Heaven and Earth.
He will not let you stumble and fall.
The one who watched over you will not sleep.

Don’t you see? He’s not going to leave us in our tiredness. Even when we’re tired, God is not. It’s not up to us to keep ourselves from stumbling and falling. He says it’s His job.

And that ladies, is the essence of grace. Big buckets full of grace. His hand on our life, working in us and through us, never leaving us in our tiredness. God’s grace is about transformation. He sees us for who we are but He doesn’t leave us there. He sees your possibility and is moving you forward daily toward the person He designed you to be.

How about we focus less on our to do lists and tiredness from trying to keep up with unrealistic expectations and more on just being who God wants us to be?

I’m pretty sure His to do list for me is better than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!