Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Double Dipped in Love

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him sould not perish, but have everlasting life.

Recently, my sister-in-law was babysitting her three year old granddaughter Ansley.  Ansley loves to be read to, and she found and brought the Bible to her Grandma saying, "Meemaw, read this."

Meemaw took Ansley on her lap and Ansley opened the Bible, pointed to a page and said "What's that say?"

Meemaw said "That says, 'Jesus loves Ansley'."

Ansley quickly turned to another secion of the Bible, saying again "What's that say?".

Meemaw again said, "That says, 'Jesus loves Ansley'."

Again, turning to another section, Ansley pointed and said "What's that say?".

Meemaw, again, "That says, 'Jesus loves Ansley'."

Finally, Ansley turned to another page, pointed and said "I know what that says, Meemaw."

"What does that say?"

"That says, 'Ansley loves Jesus'."

Lord, help me to always remember that Your Word always shows how much you love me, no matter wheter I'm reading about the lives of men and women of God, the chastisement of a nation, or the sacrifice of Your only Son for my sins.  Also, Lord, teach me through Your Word to love and glorify You  through my daily words and actions.
                                                                                     ~Linda DeWitt

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!