Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Seeing Something New.

Here's something you might not know about me: 

I love, love, love those crazy remodeling shows on TV. 





Fixer Upper, Rehab Addict, my girl Jen Hatmaker and her show My Big Family Renovation.  Heck,  Ronnie's even caught me sucked into an episode of The Vanilla Ice Project (Ice, Ice, Baby). 

They find these houses that are just eye sores - neglected, sagging, no where near serving their purpose.

And while I'm sure the rest of the neighborhood just wants them torn down, these designers are able to look past the water damage, the broken windows, and the 70's shag carpet to see the vision of what this home could be.  To restore it not always just to it's former glory, but to an even better state.  To make it a real show piece.

I don't know about you but a lot of times I too feel neglected, like I don't have a purpose and, well, now that I'm 44, a little saggy also. 

But I have a God who loves me.  And He looks at my mess and see's my potential.  He want's to restore me not only to my former glory, but to what He has designed me to be. 

You see, just like these homes, there's beauty in the restoration.  We don't have to wait for the "big reveal" for everything to be finished and perfect.  If you will allow Him, He will chip away at those broken walls.  He will make your foundation solid.  He will remove all that ugliness that is holding you back from fulfilling the purpose that He has for you.  He can use you, even as the "work in progress" that you are.

Is it any wonder that I love a good restoration story? 





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!